Monday

Gabe's Goals Live On

In the spirit of Frances Gabe, I’d like to tell you about some of the newest self-cleaning technologies that are either currently available or will be in the foreseeable future.

This week, let’s talk toilets. Wouldn’t you love a toilet that cleans itself? Well, the future is here:



This neat little gizmo actually cleans itself. Every time you flush, it takes the toilet seat for a whirl and returns it to a sparkly, just-like-new clean. This type of toilet seems to be catching on all over Europe. I wonder how long it'll take to show up here in the US as well.
Soon, I hope!

4 comments:

  1. Wouldn't the seat be all wet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great question! I looked into it and found this link for a similar toilet:

    http://www.autosanit.com/indexeng.html

    which says that it "dries in 12 seconds." So I guess the answer is yes, it would be wet, but not for very long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited Frances last weekend--she is a very good friend. I'm sending her this in hard-copy.

    Best, Patrick Roden
    aginginplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patrick, how cool! Tell her she is my hero!

    ReplyDelete